1.17.2013

Free Art Print - "Consider It Pure Joy"


A couple of nights ago, I was standing in the kitchen staring at a sink full of dirty dishes and a dishwasher full of clean dishes that needed to be put away, and all I could think about was how little I wanted to "deal" with that stuff at the moment. I knew it needed to get done and I knew it wasn't that big of a deal. I just plain didn't want to do it! I had already put it off twice. And I knew it would only get worse with the next meal. So with a sigh, I started to tackle the task and get it over with.

Fifteen minutes later it was done. It was that easy. That time I spent getting my kitchen cleaned up? A drop in the bucket in the big scheme of things. As I finished up, I realized what a wimp I was being about the whole thing. I started thinking about the things I could have been thankful for in that situation instead of whining. Things like having a dishwasher, food to cook, and pots and pans to use to make a hearty meal for two.

In the midst of those thoughts, these four words popped into my head: "Consider it pure joy..."

Those words were familiar, but I couldn't place them. I looked them up and it turns out they're from the book of James, chapter one, verses two through four. It says: "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

Now, let me say from the outset that I don't believe that facing a kitchen full of dishes is a real trial. I'm pretty sure James meant to refer to things far more difficult that that. But, I think there is a principle here that I need to remember when I face true challenges - to be joyful no matter what lies ahead. I think those words came to me in the midst of dirty dishes so that I would be reminded of them when I do face real trials.

At this point, you may be asking yourself, ok, thanks for the life lesson, but what about that free art print you mentioned in the title of the post!?

Well, because I want these words to stick in my head, I decided to make an art print that I can hang in a prominent place as a reminder to myself. And in case these words struck a chord with you like they did with me, I wanted to make it available for you to have as well!

I was having so much fun designing this print that I went ahead and made it in three bright, fun colors: 




They're designed to be printed on letter-sized paper (8.5x11) and framed as an 8x10. If you'd like one, click on the color's link and you'll be taken to Dropbox, where you can download the file as a PDF. They're completely free (for personal use), but I have one condition...let me know if you downloaded it by commenting on this post! Enjoy!


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. So enjoyed this blog article - fully knowing that I have a sink-full of dishes awaiting me at home - that I too have put off for a couple of days. (The coincidence was a little alarming!)

    I enjoyed the "the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." quote.
    In addition to learning to be more joyful for what lies ahead, I also thought that your blog helped to remind me that this simple act would create results that I could also use to get a sense of accomplishment which could lead me to accomplishing bigger and more critical things.

    Great read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad the post was timely for you! Sometimes I feel like it's all about doing the "little things" - and trying to be joyful in the midst of that!

      Delete
  2. Good morning! Our academy https://topessaybrands.com/review/payforessay-net-review/ cover a multitude of academic topics, so you’ll surely get what you need. An authentic study in line with your instructions is guaranteed. Depending on the number of pages and degree of trickiness, our pros can complete your order in 3-6 hours and more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blogs are really good and interesting. It is very great and informative. And I knew it would only get worse with the next meal. So with a sigh, I started to tackle the task and get it over with bankruptcy lawyers around me. I got a lots of useful information in your blogs. Keeps sharing more useful information in your blogs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. "truck accident lawyers"
    The free art print, 'Consider It Pure Joy,' is a visually appealing and uplifting piece that captures the essence of finding joy in all circumstances. The design, including color choices and typography, is appreciated for its attention to detail. The message conveyed is powerful and thought-provoking, reminding us to embrace challenges and find joy even in difficult times. The title, 'Consider', adds depth to the artwork, encouraging viewers to actively choose joy and shift their perspective. Overall, the free art print serves as a reminder to approach life with a joyful mindset.

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, have a question, or just want to say hey, please leave a comment! I read each comment and love to respond (usually by email), so check your inbox if you don't see a response below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips